Up with the sun, gone with the wind
She always said I was lazy
Leavin' my home, leavin' my friends
Runnin' when things get too crazy
__ Bob Seagar , "Traveling Man"
It started out interesting,
and progressed from there
By Rob Carrigan, robcarrigan1@gmail,com
Truth is, I have spent most of my entire life trying to call attention to things found, that are personally interesting to me. Though I have fought the notion at times, it is a conclusion in this late state of the game, that this cat was lucky to have grown up in Dolores, Colorado. It was bushels of "interesting," and still is.
Time moved slower there.
Slower pace, but also, with the benefits of positive energy.
The thing is, I can look at photos taken in 1945, and still recognize the same advantage elements of my experience there. Posted a photo today, of a nice-looking caboose, a few hundred feet from my boyhood home on 7th Street. A person can see Bud's Auto, (later other businesses) and the "hill-side "of town, in the background.
Partial to good-looking cabooses, as I am, it is still recognizable as the distinctive, one-of-kind, never to be duplicated elements of history for Dolores folk, shared only with those from the 'river city' of my youth.
And most of us weren't even born in 1945.
James Biard, Charles Berry, Keith Moore, Brent Hamilton, Wanda Maras, Kendall Hall Allen, Ellis Miller, Nick Randall, Lenetta Shull, Lenore Goode, Dorothy Delatorre, and thousands more ... know precisely what we are talking about.
Sometimes at night I see their faces
I feel the traces they've left on my soul
Those are the memories that make me a wealthy soul
Photo Information:

No comments:
Post a Comment